5.07.2010

26-4-2010

The brothers, Luigi feeding Marcos the ice-cream that Father Phil bought for us.


The cutest of Jose Luis!


On Sunday I returned home early in the morning because there's a family lunch with Father Felipe. I arrived around 1:30pm and they had already started. Immediately I went to the field where everyone was for picnic and barbeque. Little Jhonatan ran to me and gave me a big hug, and I picked him up and gave him some kisses.

I met and greeted Father Felipe, who is actually American and seemed to be very nice and down-to-earth. Later in the afternoon he bought ice-cream for everyone! It was so nice of him, and all the kids and adults were very happy and grateful. I helped Lemar't with his, because it melted faster than he eats it, and it was messy! Despite the mess, he enjoyed the treat, and honestly I enjoyed taking care of him.

In the evening, we had family dinner after the kids performed dancing and singing for Father Felipe. Lemar't and Jhonathan stuck with me the whole time, and we sat side by side for dinner. Although at times they could be a handful, I really enjoyed having dinner with them, and looking them eating was something really satisfying. Afterwards, I took them to their rooms and got ready for bed.

In the mornings these couple of days, I spent time with them before their breakfast, and we played a couple games and sang songs. Their favorite is Ring Around the Rosies, as they loved the falling down part, and we did it over and over again, even though they didn't understand the lyrics except the last phrase which I made a translation. We also played some symbolic games, in which one person pretended to be food and the rest chased that person and pretended to eat 'it'. It's another game they adored and asked to play over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment