4.23.2010

22 a 23-4-2010

Me and Jhonatan.


Jose Luis trying to show how old he is .... missing two fingers, cariño!


My Angel.


It's been over 3 months since I got here, and I can't believe how time flies! Things have been going ok, and we had a really constructive meeting yesterday and are trying sort the problems out.

Moises, who is 13 years old, is one of my favorite kids here, very proper, intelligent and respectful. And he is one of the very few kids here who are not behind intellectually, and he does his homework diligently. He's been borrowing mp3 players from his friends in school, and everyday he showed up with a 'new' player, but it's either missing headphones or battery. So he comes to me and asked for help, as he knows I like these kind of stuff too! I was always happy to help him out. Since I use my headphones at night too, I asked him to return to me at 9pm when he sleeps. He knocked on my door at 9 but I was in the shower and I totally forgot it was him. After shower, I went out and he was waiting for me outside! He is such a great boy, and I do hope and truly believe that he will have a bright future ahead of him. He told me before that he wants to study Accounting, but I told him that he should look out for more possibilities, because in general they don't really know much about the types of careers that exist, and he can and should definitely explore more choices as I believe that with his disposition, intelligence and personality he can do very well in whatever he does. He then told me that he may want to be a pilot, which is also a good option!

23-4-2010: I left the home early morning instead of 3pm for my break because I will return early for a family lunch on Sunday with Father Philip, who is the Executive Director of NPH International. But before I left, I went to greet the twins, Jhonatan and Jose Luis, whose birthdays are today! I gave them huge hugs, kisses and identical lollipops. They were so happy and kept saying in their cute voices "a mi?". And I told them they are no longer 3, and they are 4 now. I always think it's important to teach kids this cognitive concept since they're young. It was Alonso's birthday 2 days ago, and we had a chocolate cake and a new train set for him. He's such a good boy too, as he has earned even more smiley faces since he spent all for the swimming pool trip 2 weeks ago! I told him that I'm so proud of him, and he has the cutest smile on his face. Next week on Thursday it will be Lemar't 's birthday. Cristina and I decided to throw a party for all of them! It'll be so much fun I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment