5.08.2010

Huanchaco: 8-5-2010

Night view of the beach that lines with totora reeds fishing boats.


Some Peruvian boys surfed in the beach.


The fishing boats made by totora reeds.


Huanchaco bus going to Trujillo.



By noon, I hopped on a bus going to Huanchaco, a beach resort town about 20 minutes away from Trujillo. I found myself so used to local transportation now that with a right set of mind, it's a truly authentic South America experience. The beach here, as opposed to Colán, is less attrative, but the waves are definitely stronger and they are coming from the left hand side! That's why Huanchaco is named the surf country of Perú. And here the water is much colder. Here you can see the 'original' fishing boat made by totora reeds lined along the beach. The town itself was a pleasant experience, lots of down-to-earth people, relaxing atmosphere and great seafood! In the evening after dinner and a stroll along the beach, I passed by a group of señores singing some Latin folk songs, while one of whom was playing the guitar. It sounded so great and soothing that I couldn't help myself but stood there and listened. After a round of applause from me, we introduced each other and I continued to enjoy their live performance. It's good to be away from the troubled world.

No comments:

Post a Comment