6.19.2010

14-6-2010

Lemar´t wearing a playdoh crown we made together.



Julio on one side of a see-saw.


While Claudio was on the other side of it!


This morning I finally had the energy to do some laundry, as I had been feeling unwell last week. Though still recovering, I felt much better and also those dirty clothes couldn´t wait anymore! While I was washing, I heard a loud clear voice, and only Julio has this powerful but sweet sound! Then he ran towards me and reached the fence by the therapy room, which is just next to the laundry area. We greeted each other with a ´hola´ and a big smile. While he took off, Claudio came and greeted me as well! I couldn´t help but went up and gave him a kiss on his forehead. Julio saw that, and came up again and asked for a kiss. This kind of small but precious moment makes me feel worthwhile to be here. And it made me feel so warm in such cold winter season the southern hemisphere.

Another beautiful and one of the sweetest moments was how the kids did today in therapy. I remember in the beginning, they would run to the therapy room, explored all the toys and played with them carelessly, or jumped into the pool of balls and made a mess everywhere! It was really tough work then, and it took a lot of teaching positive behaviors and values. But today, Franklin, Alonso and Marcos ran to the therapy room ahead of me just as usual. But instead of making messes, they lined the chairs that I usually did myself, sat neatly together and was waiting for me. It really warmed my heart and I am so proud of how they behave so well now! I love all of them dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment