6.19.2010

13-6-2010

Lemar´t was sharing some milk with Jhonatan.



José Luis holding a declaration banner from school.


The twins eating some biscuits at the plaza after church.


Franklin was eating some too!


After church in the morning, Jhonatan came up to me and held my hand, and then we took a stroll around the plaza while everyone just hung around before heading home. We stopped by a food stall, and I bought some biscuits and juice for us to share. It´s very rare that I have some time alone with just one kid, and this is a perfect time to do so. I think it is a good and important thing for these kids to have personal attention and make them feel special.

In the afternoon, some of the kínder kids had families visited them, including Lemar´t, Jhosmelyr and Samanta. I was particularly happy for Jhosmelyr because she often cries because she misses her mom a lot. Sometimes I have to comfort her a lot and make her feel a bit more secure. Since then, she hugs me really tightly every time I see her, and she often looks me up and tells me little things she has been doing. She also has a doll named Anita whom she cares a lot and pretends to be her own baby. She often told me things happening with Anita too. Today, her family brought her some snacks, and she got some and shared with me! It was so sweet, and I shared them with the rest of the kids too. Jenny, on the other hand, kept sticking to me and sat on my lap, asking for tickles again, while Jhonatan kept telling me about everything from colors to objects around. He has advanced so much with his cognitive skills, and I am so proud of him!

Lemar´t was very sweet as always. His mom came to visit him, and brought him various snacks. Immediately, he came to me and put a bottle on my mouth! He was trying to share a drink that his mom brought for him. It was super sweet of him! Then he shared with Jhonatan and Alonso as well. I printed a photo of him and his mom which I took a few weeks ago for his mom, as she actually loves him very much and come to see him every weekend. It is sad that they have to be separated due to certain condition. Though I must said, at current conditions it is probably the best solution for them. And selfishly it is good for me too as I get to know this wonderful child!





No comments:

Post a Comment