7.03.2010

24-6-2010

My sweet Jhonatan covered in paint. He gave me a tag on mine and Cristina´s faces too!

José Luis was just as cute as a teddy bear! He actually looks like one!

Alonso was having fun with one of the teenage boy from the Rustic Pathway group.

Jenny, on the other hand, was freaking scared of strangers. I was sitting with her here and paint with her.



I went to the kitchen and made some popcorn as reinforcement during therapy. Walter was helping in the kitchen and helped me with it. He is a really good kid, very responsible and helpful all the time. After we were done, I asked him to take some, but he refused and told me that he has more food than the little ones and told me to give all to them. I was so touched, and this kind of things makes me feel immensely worthwhile to be here.


In the afternoon, a group of American teenagers of a group called Rustic Pathways came and played with the kids. They played with the kinders and babies today. I was helping out with the kinder group, so I went with them to paint. At first, they all painted quietly and properly, but after a while they started putting paints on their hands, and pretty soon they put them all over their faces! They loved it, although it was a bit messy. Jenny was very intimidated the whole time, though I never realized that she has problem with strangers as since day one she seemed very happy and sociable, at least with me. So I spent most of the time with her, and helped her paint and play. As they were all covered in paints, we went back to the room and they went bathing. While the Rustic group was still here, Jenny cried really hard as she was feeling a bit insecure. So I took her out and went to play with her in the playground. She started calming down as we were alone together and she felt more secure. So I brought her back to the baby´s room where she was supposed to finish her homework. She gave me hugs so tight that hardly could I depart from the room. She is just the sweetest girl, and I should pay more attention to her and help her with her sense of security.


No comments:

Post a Comment