6.04.2010

30-5-2010

Carlos Abel playing the hula hoop after I showed him how.

Anita playing volleyball.

Lemar´t and Jhonatan playing merry-go-round.

Julio waiting for the games to start.

Musical chair ... Marcos and Jefferson got the last 2 seats, and Samanta lost ... she cried afterwards!

This weekend was full of events, and we were really busy! On Saturday, the kids did cleaning before breakfast, so we were ready for the activities of Padrino Day. Padrinos, which means godparents, are people who sponsor the kids individually for their livings as well as special occasions such as pocket money for their birthday so that they can buy something they like. Since no padrinos were here, we celebrated by playing games and sports all day, with lunch outdoor. It was surely fun for the kids and for us, since hardly they have that much free time often to play. As always, I was crowded by the little ones, whom I have spent most time with. I took them to play in the swing set, sang songs, took them to the bathroom, fed them and simply hung out with them. It was very tiring but at the same time very rewarding. Cutest thing of the day: I hung out with Claudio for a bit and he hugged me so tightly and didn't want to let go! I actually had to go to do something, so I put him down. Then he grabbed my fingers so tightly that I couldn't leave! Then I told him I had to go but would come back. When I reached outside, I heard him crying! So I went back and comforted him and hung out a bit longer with him.

No church on Sunday because a lot of kids had to perform dancing in a school event later today, and they spent the morning practicing. I, on the other hand, spent most of the day writing reports. Jhonatan and Lemar't were so sweet, they came in the library where I was working and checked on me with their cheeky smiles. I took them out as they are, though super sweet, usually very disruptive! I gave them kisses and took them back to the tias. Later after I finished work, I went to the kinder room and gave sweets to all the kids without disciponary measures. I felt like they and I deserved a break from behavioral management, and just let myself treat them naturally, as an uncle should do. Afterwards, I needed to go to the kitchen and put a spoon back there, and Jhonatan insisted to accompany me. So we went together, and he held my hand so tight! On the way back, he was whispering something, so I took him up and tried to listen to what he had to say. And he whispered with a cheeky smile and sneaky voice, "Can you give me a candy just for me?" I found it so funny, and he is so smart! Unfortunately I didn't carry extra candies, so I couldn't give him any. I gave him a big kiss though. It has been a lot of trembling, and in fact it was trembling earlier as I was writing this. Hope nothing serious is going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment