7.17.2010

6-7-2010

Lemar´t dancing in the party.

Walter was practicing football with us.


Jeferson playing the skateboard as a bodyboard!

The kids and tíos were cheering for the volley teams.

The twins were all over me at the Teacher´s Day celebration.

Jhosmelyr was too shy to dance, but she tried!


Perú is a country that has lots of celebrations. Since I arrived there had been countless of celebrations from Children´s Day to Pisco Day. Today we celebrated Teacher´s Day, and the kids had a day off and arranged an array of activities for us. We played a few games like orange peeling and eating contest, quizzes and treasure hunt. It ended with group dancing, before we took our lunch outdoor. In the afternoon, we all watched the World Cup match with the Netherlands vs. Uruguay. Being in a football fanatic continent, the folks here paid a lot of attention in the games and it was really fun watching with them. Milagros handed me a bowl of popcorn, which was prepared for all the ¨teachers¨. The little ones, Franklin, Marcos, Joanca and Alonso all came around me and I gladly shared with them. At the end, the Netherland won and was qualified in the grand final, which noted the last Latin team being eliminated.


After watching the game, we all played sports, which were football and volleyball, the two favorite sports in the house. It was really cool playing with the kids and tíos, and we all had so much fun, even though I sucked at both sports. Walter and Tío Jhonatan taught me and Noelia how to play football, and we all practiced a bit. By the end of it, my legs were super sore but I really appreciated them teaching us. Sometimes I worried that I sucked so bad that I would ruin the games. But Walter encouraged me and told me that no one is perfect and it just takes practice. He is such a great kid, and he has become my favorite youngster. It had been a great day, because we seldom played together, and today we spent the whole day together doing fun things, which is very important as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment