7.31.2010

27-7-2010

Julio playing silly!

While we shared the cup of milk, the twins gave each other hugs (and me too!) as they were very happy.



This morning we supposed to have a staff activity, but I wasn´t in the mood with all the problems that have been going on, and they needed someone to take care of the kinder and the babies, my favorite groups, so I took on the responsibility and played with them in the therapy room. They were all over the places, but I found myself enjoying every bit of it, and it was not difficult at all to get them in control. And they all trusted me and looked up on me, so it made it really easy to deal with their behaviors, whether be good or bad. Even when I needed to be disciplinary, such as Jhonatan whom I took him out of the room for a little while because he pinched Franklin still held tight of my fingers through the window. So I waited with him until he was ready to come back in, said sorry to Franklin and started playing again.


In the afternoon, I had a few therapy sessions, including one with the twins. Therapy sessions now just run like clockwork because they behave so well now. The one with the twins was a lot of fun. They obviously don´t have a lot of exposure to many things, and so I would try to show them new things every time opportunities come. Jhonatan is actually really smart and alert, and he always does this loud "huh?" when I told him something new, as if there were ten thousand question marks over his head. It was so cute. José Luis is the naughty playful one, who often pretends to be angry with me, hits me and then gives me hugs and says "cariño" (love), while Jhonatan is more loving and deep in feelings. Today after some work, I made a cup of hot milk and shared with them because they behaved really well in therapy. Because it was hot, I needed to feed them with spoon and blow to cool it off a bit. They loved it, and suddenly they did this thing of hugging each other, and showing their love to each other. They gave me hugs too! It was really sweet. Afterwards, I took them in their room and we watched the Norwegian version of Teletubbies together from Cristina after they took a bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment