2.04.2011

4-2-2011

Rafael tracing the pattern for a dress. He is my best student. I love when he told me that it´s so much harder than he thought, but then he kept doing it and working really hard. I will miss him a lot! He said when he´s in the year of service and saved enough money, he will buy a laptop and try to communicate with me through internet. How sweet!

Ayita loves the class and is one of the best sewers.

Everyone was sewing and stitching. I love it!

My favorite gift from my leaving party, a tee full of the kids writing.

The back of the tee with handprints of the little kids. So sweet!
This has almost been come to the end, and I have been doing therapy, teaching the fashion design class and simply hanging out with the kids. The fashion class goes very well, and I have got some really good students who work quite hard and are very interested to learn. It´s tough work as we don´t have enough time and everyone basically always asks for my help. But it´s good that I enjoy doing it, which makes it a lot of fun, especially I can spend more quality time with the kids. I have been spending more time with them trying to finish the dresses and teach them more skills. The fashion show will be in two weeks, and hopefully we can finish all the dresses soon!
Today it was a farewell party for me and John, and the kids danced, sang and presented gifts for us. They almost gave us some gifts, including a painting, a NPH mug and a tee shirt full of handprints and some messages the kids wrote on it. It was really sweet, but I will be so crushed when I leave......can´t think about that right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment