2.27.2011

26-2-2011: Mendoza, Argentina

An organic farm with olives, different kinds of sauce, olive oil and balsamic vinegar where I had a tasting session, which were sublime! The farm is owned by this Swiss guy who relocated in Argentina years ago.

various types of jams, including an interesting and yummy Malbec flavor.

Argentine´s favorite, dulce de leche with an almond touch. Fantastic!

First time that I tried Absinthe, very interesting just to look at the rituals.

Here I go!

OMG! It was an hallucinating experience for a few seconds.

We ended with samples of authentic Swiss chocolate!

Next stop, a winery "La Rural" where is a running winery. It smelled so good with all the wine!

There was also a museum where showed a lot of how to make wine and its history in wine making.

Then I hit a vineyard La Viña Maria, which I tried a 2004 Malbec.

In Viña Maria there were friendly dogs welcoming me.

The backdrop of the vineyard is the magnificent snowtipped mountain, which looked more like a painting. It was so beautiful!

Me enjoying the wine in the vineyard.

At night, Edu invited me to a philharmonic concert celebrating la fiesta de vendimia and the city´s 450 years anniversary, which was so good! The amazing thing this night was that I saw a shooting comet star flying across the stage! It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment