2.16.2011

12-2-2011

Me and my Lemar´t

Me and Marcos, Jenny and Lemar´t.

Cristhian has grown a lot!

Julio with his classic smile.

Claudio came up to me and hugged around me.


Excruciating feeling continues. Well, it´s exactly one week left, and I shall enjoy the rest of the time. This morning, kinder went for a walk, and the tías invited me to go along. Actually they had invited me a few times, but I was too busy to go. This would be my last chance and I do have some free time, so I went along with them. When Lemar´t found out that I was going, he was so excited that he screamed my name from downstairs while I was getting ready. When I came downstairs, he ran up to me with a big grin on his face and hugged me as I carried him to the gate and got going. I will miss him so much! He was with me the whole time, while Marcos was with us as well in the most part of the journey. When we passed a narrow path, a donkey passed by and it pushed Lemar´t down! He was so scared but fortunately he wasn´t injured. I comforted him of course and it was fine. Then, we passed by some workmen who was picking grapes for making pisco, and one was nice enough to give some grapes to us. It was sublime. Half way through, Claudio was clinging on me and so he walked with me and Lemar´t while Marcos got on with the tías. Claudio has been really close to me as well, and always hugs me. While we were in town, I was the official tío to bring them to bathroom, and actually I feel really good about taking one after another as I felt that they want me to care about them and I am more than happy to take care of them. At dinner time, Lemar´t recited all the things that we saw and what happened at our walk. He has grown so much, and I really cherish every moment with him. It feels bittersweet when he smiles and looks really contented as he sees me. On top of him, there are so many kids that are very hard to say goodbye. It´s pretty ironic that all these times when I felt so frustrated that I just wanted to leave, and when it actually happens, it´s really really hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment