2.20.2011

16-2-2011

Claudio and Lemar´t were so happy playing the toys.

They enjoyed drinking milk too!

Rafael and I had become quite close after this fashion design workshop.

Lemar´t in his morning class.

He worked very hard too!

Today I had the last day of therapy with Lemar´t and Claudio together. It turned it to be a play therapy instead because I wanted them to have fun and not to worry about behaving perfectly well. We had so much fun and I think it was the best way to end the therapy work. I also made some milk for them which they always loved. On the other hand, I have been really busy with the kids finishing the fashion design project. I had found that you can get to know people really well through sewing! Like last time when I sewed with tía Berta, I got to know her a lot better. This time it was Rafael. Most kids don´t tell us their stories because there isn´t really a reason to tell all out of a sudden. Plus, it probably was something that they don´t want to remember. Rafa doesn´t eat meats now because he saw slaughtering animals a couple years ago in a market and got freaked out by it. So I talked to him about this topic, and he told me that he used to love meat and even loved eating the inside part of chicken bones! At the time at the age of six he was living only with his two brothers, Walter who was only 8 years old and Gregorio only 4. I wondered how they got food and stuff, and he told me that his older brother Walter was working at the time in a shoe repairing stand in the street to earn money for everything. I almost burst into tears when he told me that even though he was pretty calm about it. Every time I think about it, I would want to cry. These three kids are such great boys, and they have a lot of potentials and I just couldn´t bear to think about what they went through when they were little.


No comments:

Post a Comment