9.06.2010

4-9-2010

Francesco in his new haircut, and definitely happier!

Big Jhonatan getting ready to do washing. He said he loves me very much!

Brotherly love.

Do they look like they are in love or what?

This is the cutest twins ever with the cutest outfits!


A sleepless night at 11:52 p.m. Well, not so sleepless because the neighbor is throwing some sort of party, playing between Peruvian music and Kenny G. Odd, weird and annoying. Well, it gives me a chance to write my first entry since I got back last Monday. I got sick again. Yes, I´ve lost count how many times I have got sick since I got here. It´s the ordinary fare: feverish, sinus problems, sore throat and stuffy nose. I think I am getting better after spending numerous hours in bed, but still a way to full recovery. It might be a good thing for me to get sick this time, as I have been feeling quite frustrated with quite a few things here. It gives me an excuse to rest.


The kids are my only strength. Francesco is still pretty much clinging to me, and he often asks me where I am or where I went. Though sick, I tried to read him a story and stayed there until he fell asleep. He loves me reading stories to him, and he often requests for more. Yesterday just before dinner, I ran into big Jhonatan, who is Yoanka´s elder brother, and I gave him a big hug. Suddenly, he said, ¨Uncle Ryan, I love you very much¨! I was so touched, and I told him I love him too. Then we chatted about his exams and I told him to work hard so he can be whatever he wants when he grows up. He then told me, ¨I want to be a police and catch bad guys. I want to be a good person like you¨! I didn´t say anything but gave him an even stronger hug. After we parted, I cried. If not for the kids, I probably wouldn´t be able to cope with lot of things. Kínder is my pride and joy, as always. Every time I spend time with them, I feel like home. I feel that they need me, and I need them too. Samanta has been really close to me and always tries to tell me what´s going on with her as much as her language can. After dinner, Alonso asked me to go back to his room with him and held my hand. It was the first time he did something like that to me, and I was glad to comply. Jhosmelyr often hugs me and tells me that she loves me very much, and I would do the same to her. Last night, I read the story of the Wizard of Oz to them before I kissed them goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment