9.27.2010

25, 26, 27-9-2010: Day 15, 16, 17, Arequipa-Cusco-Lima

I spent a couple hours resting in the beautiful and European Plaza de Armas in Arequipa, full of pigeons. It´s an amazing view when they flew!

A bird-eye view of Cusco.

In late afternoon, a thunderstorm started to come, and Plaza de Armas of Cusco almost looked like a little island in the middle of nowhere!

An ancient temple at sunset.

Cristina stood before the camera when I was taking a picture of the fountain view at night. She and John came to Cusco this week, and we met on Sunday and spent a day together. I spent a lot of time helping them plan their trip to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, and then we wandered around the city, did some shopping and stopped by a cafe and had some fresh fruit juice. I had chirimoya, and it was sublime! In the evening, we had a nice fusion Peruvian dinner and went on to another place for dessert! I had 3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream with hot berries and a big piece of house brownie! Com´on, it´s my last night of the trip!

Before heading to the airport of Cusco, passed by the famous 12-sided stone and took a close-up picture of it.

Look like some paradise island thing? It´s actually taken from the plane from Cusco to Lima. There were a dense bed of cloud below some mountain top. It was like heaven! In about half an hour, I will see my boys and girls again! Can´t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment