9.12.2010

11-9-2010: Day I, Cusco

Cobblestone streets in the hilly San Blas neighborhood.

A laundrymat welcomed by a child.

Peru meets Chinese food meets the Incas (or the International Gay Pride lol) in Cusco.

Plaza de Armas of Cusco.

The beautiful La Catedral in Cusco.

The all famous 12-sided stones of the Inca Wall in the city. It is now part of a building, which makes the whole city like a living museum.



Despite all those apprehensions of my visa situation and flying on 911 at 9:30am, my flight to Cusco went quite smoothly and it was such a beautiful flight. During the hour of the flight, one can view various snowy peaks, stunning Andean landscape and small villages that seem impossible to exist in the middle of nowhere. The flight service was exceptionally good! For an hour of flight, we had snacks, drinks twice and candies. And the service was very efficient, not very Peruvian! LOL

Arriving in over 3300m above the sea level didn´t help with my not-yet fully recovered flu. I tried to move as slowly as possible, but I couldn´t resist the beauty of Cusco and did quite a bit of strolling around. Finally in the evening I was with headache and I have a weird temperature and shivering thing. So I spent all night watching cable tv and sleeping after going to a pharmacy and get some medical help. Well, tomorrow will head for the Sacred Valley, which is at least 500m low, and I should feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment