4.23.2010

18-4-2010

After a long time cooking, we enjoyed our ´fruits´!

Everyone tried to grab the spring rolls by chopsticks!

While deep frying ......

All had learned to wrap the rolls.

I saved some wonton wraps and meat for today's second part of the cultural class, and we made spring rolls instead of wonton. The kids anticipated it so much and asked me many times when exactly is the class. In fact, they kept raving about lunch yesterday, and it made me so joyous that they loved it so much. Anyway, I prepared the filling ahead of time as it involved a lot of grinding and chopping, and really didn't need kids around me to do so. They waited for me at 4pm sharp and we headed to the kitchen and started wrapping. We did it super fast as there were many to help! And the frying process took longer, but Agustina and Mayra helped with it while Milagros helped cleaning. They were so excited, and so was I! Anyway, they had loads to eat, and I saved some for other kids who helped me a lot in the past two days, other tios and tias and the kinder kids. It has been a fun and rewarding weekend, and I feel so blessed that I'm here to share what I can offer to the lovely children and youngsters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment