3.12.2010

10-3-2010

A suspension bridge where we started our excursion with the babies. You can see Tia Maria holding claudia from afar.

Renzo and Tio John put on suncreen on a sunny day.


While I'm finally getting better, we had a rather dramatic day today. First, when we took the kids to school today, there happened to be a dispute between the construction company and the workers who has been building some of the school building yet not finished. It was so intense that all the kinder kids went back home with us as it could be a bit dangerous. We wanted to evacuate the elder kids too who were already in school, but fortunately it ended early and no damage was caused.

Late morning we took the four babies for an excursion trip nearby. Each tio/tia had to be responsible for one kid as they needed to be carried almost the whole time. We went to a nearby suspension bridge and nearby neighborhood, including a horse stable, wine making place and honey farm. At the bridge there was an amazing view of Río Cañete, and the sound of the running river reminded me of my rafting experience! After a break where the babies had bananas as snack and a couple of them practised walking. It was so funny sometimes as they juggled around and walked down a sloppy path. They fell and got up and kept on going for a long time, which reminded me how babies are so sturdy and tough when they learned how to walk. Then we stopped by a bee farm where we tasted a few types of honey because the tias wanted to buy some honey for the kids. As we were on our way to catch a combi and go back to bed, the kids were so tired that all fell asleep in our arms. In fact, mine just snoozed off after a huge yawn! Unfortunately I couldn't take a lot of photos in this trip, as my hands and arms were constantly busy!

Afternoon was a bit lazy, as John and I discussed what we're going to present in our next meeting after playing with the kids. At about 5pm, I went downstairs and looked at the kinder kids and helped brushed Lemar't's teeth, put some cream on his mosquito bites and gave him some herbal syrup as he was coughing a bit. He loved it and I could see in his face telling me that he knows I care about him. Later, he took the bottle of syrup and marched around proudly. Yoanca also wanted to try, so i gave her a little bit, and she liked it too! Suddenly, John ran to find me and told me that there was a small trembling in the room, and apparently many people felt it too. We didn't feel it I guess because we were moving around while they sat down and do their tasks. Anyway, it created a tense moment as we thought it could be a prelude of an earthquake! So far nothing happened, and may God protect us!

These nights I would go and see different kids and kiss them goodnight. It's such a wonderful feeling when I see their angelic smile on their face afterwards. They never ask for fancy toys or exquisite vacations, just our love and care would make them happy and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment