3.12.2010

6-3-2010

Julio eating a banana after playing a bit in the boat.


All the kids just climbing all over the boat! Behind is Tia Simone.

Claudio y Julio

After the chores in the morning, Simone, a couple of local tias and I went for a short trip to the plaza with the babies. It was the first excursion I went out with them, and I think it's a really great thing that children get exposure outside the home. We were lucky on the way there as the driver and Walter were on the way to the market and get food for us, and they gave us a lift. We stopped by a canotaje company where the kids played in the boat, and they had tons of fun just rolling around. Then we stopped by for some refreshments, cremolada and chicha, before we head back to the home by a combi (a public transport van). One sentiment I want to share is that I can't describe how rewarding and satisfying it is everytime when we're in a car or combi, two kids would sit on my lap, knowing that they have someone to be there for them and take care of them.

By night, after dinner I started to feel a bit sick in the stomach, and began to have a fever! I tried to treat it myself but the night was rough! The next morning Simone came to my room and asked how I was, and brought me some foods and water. She took care of me a lot from breakfast to dinner! The elder kids too concerned about me and brought me water, and they suggested me to take some medicine, as it's apparently an infection. And they brought soup and stuff for me too! In fact, Tia Catalina told me all the kids kept asking about me, and when they saw me they were so happy and asked me how I was. I felt so loved, and they are like my real family! After taking the medicine, my bad headache was gone, and the fever was gone too the next day. Now I just need to keep resting and be completely over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment