3.12.2010

1-3-2010

Rio Cañete where we did rafting


Anabel was ready for school. She is actually handicapped as one of her legs was infected. She has to use crutches sometimes, but she has improved so much! And she is a super sweet girl!

The girls awaits for the van taking them to school.

Some elder kids go to school first.



My day of return to Lunahuaná also marks the first day of school, the first time of my rafting experience and of course the first of March!

I actually returned the day before but I arrived really late. I wasn't feeling good as i was coming down with flu or something. But i took some herbal tea, rested a lot on the bus and drank lots of fluids. It was kind of ironic too as the last two breaks i brought my jacket with me, but since i thought i didn't use it much so i didn't bring one this time. Who knew I got sick this time and needed something to keep myself warm! Oh well, I thought about buying a jacket but I also didn't want to waste money, coz I rather spend the money on the kids. Anyway, God took care of me and I survived through it, and I caught up with Simone in the plaza and had dinner. We bumped into a few people in the town, and one of whom was a hotel owner here and treated us dinner, although all I could have was a bowl of chicken soup as I wasn't feeling exactly well Anyway, it was very nice of him, and it made me feel good even though I was a bit sick. When I arrived home, one of the tias told me immediately when she saw me that Lemar't had been looking for me all weekend, even waited for me at my room! It made me feel so loved, and in fact, everytime I was in Lima, I thought about him a lot too, and couldn't wait to get back and see him!

I was struggling if I wanted to go rafting, depending on whether I'd recover from my flu. Fortunately I recovered fast and I felt much better, so I went to town with Simone and John for rafting! Simone knew the owner of the shop, and he didn't charge us, we just paid 5 bucks for the gas! It was a real treat, and sometimes it seems we don't have to pay for anything! Haha! I think a lot of them realize that we are volunteers here and they are especially nice to us. It was so much fun, especially when the waves were high! Good that I did dragon boat rowing before, as the motion is actually the same. But this is hundreds time more fun, very exciting!

The kids started the new school year, and everyone had to wake up earlier now. We have breakfast at 6:30, and they leave home around 7 and will get to school around 7:45. The kids return around 2 when we have lunch a bit later, except for the kids in kinder who finish school at noon. The coming week we'll talk about our plans for this school year, and I can't wait to get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment