3.12.2010

3, 4, 5 - 3 - 2010

I took the kids to the playground and they were playing see-saw in the pic.

Franklin sleeping :)

Lemart sleeping :)

3-3-2010
Cristina and I finally finished the reinforcement chart and a poster of how to be a cool kid for kinder. Everyone loved it! The kids were excited to receive the smiley faces as their tokens to receive a reinforcement, while the tios appreciated the artistic work that we did and believe that it's a brilliant idea. Well, this is what I do best as I've been doing this for living for over 10 years, and I love artwork! So the next step is to make it work, and the kids will be positive and proactive! Fingers crossed!


4-3-2010

The charts are working really well on the first day, especially on the kids with higher cognitive ability. The most outstanding case is Franklin, who used to be labeled as the naughty one, and before he just didn't bother to be good. But actually since last week when I encouraged him a bit more and praised him for being good and gave him some candies, he turned into this really affectionate, loving kid that I didn't know about! He kissed me and asked me if I like to be kissed, and I replied, "of course!". And he gave me more kisses! And he's always very helpful and when someone behave badly, he would tell us! In fact, he's earned more smiley faces than anyone so far! Its very satisfying to see his face with a confident and proud smile! See how powerful it is when we change our attitude from negative to positive, and what a difference it makes in a kid's life!

After lunch, I took 6 kids to the backyard and played there at the jungle gym. Literally I had 6 children around me, some held on to my fingers (not enough hands for all of them!), while a couple held on my tee on the back! We played merry-go-around, see-saw and swings, all it made me so happy to see them laughing and smiling! I initiated to sing a song with them, and Lemar't, Julio, Claudio and Alonso joined in. We sang Ring 'round the Rosies, and they loved it, especially of course when we all fell down! Not only that, we row around the lawn and stacked on top of each other, while I was always at the bottom! It was super fun!

Later I helped out Gregorio with his English homework and also served water to all the thirsty kids! I also helped out with the kinder a bit at the chores before they went to sleep. Lemar't was so cute at the shower! He was crying at first because he didn't like water pouring at him, but after a while he thought it's actually quite funny that he held the bucket and poured water at himself from head to toe! I also helped putting on his diaper! It's my first time to do that and I was a bit nervous at first, but it was actually quite straightforward, so it was fine. I feel like I'm learning to be a daddy here! lol


5-3-2010

I have been assisting the kinder session because we've just started the reinforcement program, and I want to make sure it's implemented well. It went quite well today as well, but a couple still hadn't got the contingency yet. They'll eventually learn. At night just before they went to bed, I went in there and they were so noisy and were playing around! So after telling them to go to bed, I sang lullabies and children's songs to them, and everyone became quiet and listened. Jhonatan asked for more in his cute voice, "nata más?" (otra más, which means "some more"), and soon after one more song he fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment