2.12.2010

4-2-2010

Tio John (left) and Tio Wynn (right) doing their laundry in the lavanderia


This morning after breakfast, we did gardening as its our thursday chores. This time we did take out all the wild plants in the backyards, while others worked in the little farm we have and cut a tree that is used for lighting fire for cooking. I helped with the former and latter. The former was really tough as there was a lot of dusts and I kept sneezing. But I didnt care as the kids worked really hard and I cant let my little setback to stop helping. I also helped cutting the tree, which was the first time ever in my life! It was tough at first, but once I got used to it, it was not so bad.

Also, we do laundry ourselves here. By laundry, I mean washing by hands! At first I didnt know what I was doing, but now I think Ive worked out a procedure how to wash efficiently. The children from 7 start washing their own clothes as well. In some ways, its kinda fun, and I just had to let go of the privileges I have in Hong Kong or Canada, or elsewhere there are washing machines and dryers. The clothes dry very fast as its very sunny and dry here. So if I wash after breakfast, the clothes will dry up in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment