2.26.2010

15-2-2010

My beloved Daniel who had the last psychology session with me in the morning of the day he left us. I miss him so much, and he is one of my favorite kids!


Ernulfo plays the flute all the time! He loves it so much and I am glad that he makes excellent use of it.


I'm more than happy to be back as I miss the kids a lot. I bought a flute in Lima for the music group, and they are ecstatic to know that there's a new instrument they can play, and thanked me many times. It's very nice that they are such grateful people for such small things, which makes me feel grateful as well.

On the sad side though, the 5 siblings, Bryan, Jose Carlos, Daniel, Miriam and Miguel are leaving us as their father wants to take back the custody. I really hope that they will have a stable home this time, proper education and a happy family. I'll miss them so much as they are some of the best kids here, extremely bright and hardworking. I wish them the best and I will miss them a whole lot!

Wynn, our coordinator is also leaving this Thursday, because he's going to NPH Haiti (one of our sister branches that suffered a lot from the recent earthquake) and work there for a few months. Wynn is surely a great guy, and I'm proud of him for doing work for the people in Haiti. Even though it's a great loss for us and I certainly will miss him, I truly think it's a great thing because people in Haiti need desperate help right now. In fact, in the new "We Are The World" video for Haiti, you can see the NPH kids at around 55 seconds of the MTV, with one of them wearing a tee with our logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment