11.02.2010

29-10-2010

José Luis was drying the dishes.

Then he put them in the cabinet.


Today I had a go with the kinder kids because they were throwing toys really hard and not careful with them and each other. I think it was the angriest time I had ever shown to them, and they were really scared! It´s hard to do that to them because I love them so much, but sometimes kids do need some serious disciplining in order to learn seriously. They maintained silent the whole time. Funnily, after all my ranting, they came up to me, hugged me and told me that they loved me! I told them I love them too even when they behave badly and I hate to be angry, but I need to let them know that they need to learn and improve. Somehow I felt that they even clung to me more afterwards because they were all over me and literally I had like 6 or 7 kids all around, above, below, behind and beside me!


At dinner, Marcos asked me to cool down his soup, and so I blew around to cool it down. Actually it wasn´t that hot, but I realized that he just wanted some loving and it´s totally justifiable. But afterward, all the kids asked me to do so! Of course I did, and they looked so satisfied afterwards. After dinner, Luis led the prayer, which was totally sweet. And he even helped the tías to dry the dishes! He is so sweet and cute! After he was done, I took him on my shoulder and carried him back to his room. I remember last week he played around by turning the water tank tap on, and the floor was all wet! I was quite angry with him and made him mop the floor with the mop. He complied and when I saw his little body moving the mop on the floor, it really broke my heart. But it just shows that they are just being kids and have to learn so many things, and indeed they are really great kids compared to most kids I have seen! I really do love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment