11.02.2010

28-10-2010

Lemar´t looked so happy with his new shoes!

It also matches with his jacket.

Jenny´s 4th birthday!

She blew the candle.

She enjoyed the cake!

José Luis was enjoying his piece too!

Jhonatan put a huge piece of cake in his mouth!


Today we celebrated Jenny´s fourth birthday. In the morning, Cristina and I gave her a lollipop each, and she smiled so big! The both of us did plan this ahead actually to have a party in the afternoon. So after lunch, they went to do their homework while we prepared for the party. We had a birthday cake, juice and butter popcorn. Of course, everyone was so excited, and they all finished their homework really early in order to be in the party. The birthday girl was so happy and she has actually grown a lot in the past few months. It was such a joy to witness the moment when she blew the candle out. Lemar´t was all over the places during the party, sharing his popcorns with the tíos and tías while Jhonatan kept saying things in his squeaky voice!


I just have so many good memories in the past few days. Small things, but it just reminds me how good and cute and funny my kids are!

1. José Luis: "Me toca la terapia?" (My turn to have therapy?)

Me: "No, ahora le toca el Lemar´t." (No, now with Lemar´t)

José Luis: "Yo DESPUÉS?" (Me LATER?), in his squeaky voice followed by his bright smile.

2. Tía Gadita: "Your teacher wasn´t in school yesterday, so you didn´t have to go to school."

Jhonatan: "Está muerto?" (Is she dead?), in his squeaky voice as well and making a funny face.

3. Me: "I love you very much, my little Franklin." (Talking to him while putting him to sleep)

Franklin: "Do you love Lemar´t more?"

Me: "No, of course not. I love all of my kids!"

Franklin: "But not when we behave badly."

Me: "No, I still love you when you behave badly. I just need to teach you not to behave badly and I might be very angry. But I still love you." He fell asleep afterwards.

4. Luis: "Tío, I will have therapy with you on Sunday afternoon, right?"

Me: "We sure will!"

Luis: "I want to do it everyday!"

Me: "I would love to too, but unfortunately we don´t have enough time." And I gave him a big hug and said goodnight.

Last weekend, Cristina and I stayed in the home for our weekend because we are sick of going to Lima just for the sake of spending a weekend there. Plus, we can spend a bit more time with the kids as we want. On Sunday during our brunch in which we made pancakes and fresh juice, she told me that Lemar´t didn´t have any shoes now because all his shoes are broken. It broke my heart so badly and so we made plans to go to the nearest town in the afternoon to buy him a new pair of sneakers as well as taking all the broken shoes for repair. I just couldn´t let my boy without any wearable shoes, it´s just too cruel. As we went to the shop, I picked a pair of electric blue sneakers because he loves blue. It just looked too cool and I knew he would love it. I gave them to him the next day after they returned from school and got changed for lunch. He was so happy, raised his hands and said, "Mi!" Every time he wears the shoes now, he would show them to me, telling me that he´s wearing them. And you can tell that he is still very excited about it. The other kids were of course a bit jealous. Franklin said that he wanted a pair too! I had to explain to him because all Lemar´t´s shoes were broken, and that´s why I got him a new pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment