10.08.2010

8-10-2010

Alonso trying to get into the water.

Lemar´t got the floats ready, but he wasn´t too ready to get into the pool.

Jhonatan was a bit excited but scared to swim.

José Luis was really worried, but also very excited.

Jhonatan with his mouthful of crumbs of crisps.

Jhonatan finally got the gut to play with the water.

Alondra, Jhonatan and José Luis playing on the edge of the pool.

Lemar´t and I playing in the swing together.

The kids were having nísperos in the home.

Francesco was having lots of nísperos!

Today is a holiday, the Níspero Festival. Níspero is a fruit that is typical to Lunahuaná. We took kinder to the swimming pool in the morning, and they were all so excited! Most of them were pretty scared of water, but we tried to encourage them to go in. I spent most of the time with Lemar´t because he was so scared that he had to hold on to me all the time. There were tons of mosquitos and we had got tons of bites, but it didn´t stop us from swimming and playing. After some time of playing, we got out of the pool and had some snacks, including popcorn, candies and soft drinks. We played some more before we changed and moved to the playground where we played slide and swing and climbing. They had loads of fun, except the time when a dog came along and most of the younger kids got freaked out a bit. We played for a long time til it was time to go home for lunch. We hired a taxi to house 12 kids and 5 adults. John and I sat with 6 kids in the trunk! It was cramped, but kind of fun. I held Jhonatan on the left, Lemar´t on the right and Marcos right behind me. When we got home, Alonso pulled up his tee shirt and showed me his belly, and told me that he´s too full to have lunch! It was so cute!


It´s my weekend off starting today, but I don´t really feel like going to Lima for a few reasons, especially I really want to spend more time with the kids. I had travelled a lot in the past three weeks, and I don´t feel like travelling more just for the sake of it. I don´t really have much time left here, and I want to be around as much as I can to see them, play with them and just be here for them. It´s actually really nice that I can be around but I can still rest, go out to have a meal or take a walk whenever I feel like to.


No comments:

Post a Comment