10.22.2010

22-10-2010

Alonso and Franklin playing race in the field.

Lemar´t was running to me while Jhonatan and Angela playing in the back.

Lemar´t holding my hand tightly while I took a picture of him.

Jhonatan looked a bit cross?

Francesco´s elder brother, Nelson. He´s very sweet.

Today it is supposed to my weekend off, and usually I would go to Lima. But like the last one, I decide to stay here to spend some more time with the kids. Plus, my long vacation is coming up in November, and I want to be around them as much as I can. In the afternoon, I had lunch earlier so I would start my weekend off on time. After I was done, I went out and played with the kids. They wanted to play races, so I ran with them once. Then they asked me to be the judge, so I was the one who kept saying "marca, listo, ya!" (Spanish version of "ready, set, go!"). After that, Lemar´t climbed up on my back, so I pretended to be a donkey and carried him around. Soon after, all of them jumped on me, so I had to tell them to line up, and I pretended to be different animals each time. I was dog, cat, elephant, bull, condor and snake. They had so much fun but I was so tired! It was well worth it though. Then, they requested to play Mr. Wolf, and I thought it would be fun to play outside because there is more open space. First, I was Mr. Wolf, and I chased each one of them and pretended to eat them. The second time they were all Mr. Wolves and they all chased me. Of course, at the end I fell on the lawn and they all jumped on me and pretended to eat me. It was super fun, and after all the chasing and running, Lemar´t caught my hand and guided me around to accompany him.

Today Tía Rosa came back from her break, and as always she brought some fruits for me. This time it was strawberries! It was so delicious, and she always brings back these ripe and delicious fruits for me, such as apples, peaches and avocados. It is indeed the season of strawberries right now, and they are so cheap and delicious. Average about 6 Hong Kong dollars (or less than 1 US dollar) per kilo! And they are so good! Peach is another fruit that I love here. If you have a couple in your room, you can smell the sweet scent of peaches all around the room!


No comments:

Post a Comment