10.05.2010

3-10-2010

The twins had fun playing legos, while wearing the tees my sister sent me.

They were happy showing me what they made, a cake. They sang ´Happy Birthday´.

Francesco played zampoña in therapy room.

This weekend was full of events, inside and outside of the home. The region election of Perú took place today, and so everything was upside down. First, we went to church at 7am because election starts at 8am, and everyone over 18 has to vote. Yes, it´s obligatory, otherwise you will have to pay a fine. Seriously! Also, people have to go back to their registered town or city to vote, so many people travelled around including some of our colleagues. Perú isn´t exactly a small country, so it´d become hard work for them to travel all the way back and forth in one day. Some people joke that the government fines those who didn´t vote, but then the winning government will corrupt the money anyway. What a black humor joke!


In the meantime, I have been hanging out with the little kids, who by the way have been circling me around all the time. For instance, Lemar´t needed to follow me wherever I go, otherwise he would make an annoying face and start to cry. I sat with him at family dinner last night after I bathed him and Jhonatan. After dinner, I went to put them to bed as Lemar´t hadn´t let go of my hand since dinner time. And when all the kids were about to settle down, he said to me, "¡Vamos!" meaning that I should go to bed with him. So I spent some time with him until he fell asleep. As soon as I got up from his bed, Franklin dragged me to his bed, and so I put him to fall asleep as well. It was really funny because the twins kept talking non-stop during the course of it, but as I was putting Franklin to sleep they fell asleep as well. So suddenly the room was really quiet. Jhonatan has been really attached to me as well because he got really jealous when I was with other kids. The other day, as I was holding Lemar´t and Jenny on my lap at the dining table, he sat in front of us, lay on the table and started sobbing! I have never seen him or another crying so sadly! It broke my heart, so I went to comfort him immediately. And every time when I had to leave him, he always requests a kiss from me as he said, "besito."


Another event of today was a farewell party for Noelia, who had completed 13 months of volunteering service. The elder kids arranged some games and performances for her, and she also arranged some of those for the kids. It´s hard to believe that it has been 13 months for her, and 9 months for me already!


No comments:

Post a Comment