7.25.2012

22-7-2012

Kebi asked if he could eat the apple peel that we peeled of for the fruit salad.

All volunteers worked hard to get the fruit salad done early in the morning.


Just a short note that I would like to express how strongly I felt about this tiny event:  A 10-year-old kid Kebi, who came from a home of violence and negligence, came in while we were trying to get the fruit salad made on time for breakfast.  He saw the apple peels and said excitedly, "this can be for eating!  Can I eat them?"  Of course we said yes.  What a contrast with children in Hong Kong who believe that apple are cube shape and yellow in color!  Despite all the problems here, whenever I see the kids and interact with them, I always learn a little something that would benefit me for the rest of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment