10.15.2012

15-10-2012

My boys on holidays with me!  Eliseo, Luis Daniel, Glimar and Kebi.

The session of Virginia that inspired me with the idea of our cognitive education program!

Feeding Franco :)  while Lemar´t ate in the background.

Hector and Kevin were making their own version of tortilla española!


2 events that had made me ecstatic in the past 2 weeks:  The visit of Rafael, the adoptive father of José Luis and Jhonatan, and creating our own cognitive education program for children and adolescents with learning difficulties. 

I was called by Tula, the social worker, and didn´t know what it was.  Then when I arrived at the door, there was a man who had a radiant smile and approached me by a hand shake.  I was a bit puzzled as I didn´t know who he was, but then he introduced himself and he´s the father of the twins!  I was so excited that he actually came and wanted to meet me!  So he recorded a clip of me saying something for José Luis and Jhonatan, and we talked about their growth and what´s going on with their lives.  Sounds like they are doing very well in Switzerland, learning so many things, including German and French.  Soon they will speak like 5 languages!  Rafael even invited me to visit them when I go to Switzerland.  I feel so blessed that I got to spend the time with the twins and they will be always loved by their uncle Ryan.

Just as I was bored by writing reports, some exciting idea came through.  I was finishing my session and Virginia was still working on hers, and I observed her session with the 3 boys, and it was really fantastic!  She was playing a dynamic game of shapes and colors, and the boys were so attentive too.  I thought, it would be great to create a program to enhance cognitive development of children with learning difficulties, and we both have lots of ideas that can incorporate into it.  So we talked about it, and she wanted to be on board too!  So we have been working our ass off to create it.  Now day and night I´d have an idea coming up or I´d be in front of my MacBook working on it.  By the way, Pages is such a terrific app to do designs and cool layouts!  It can make ordinary to professional!  I´m loving my work, which hopefully will bring into use even when I´m gone.  


No comments:

Post a Comment